Monday, May 8, 2017

Welcome to Room 21 Mr Barry

Kia ora kautau katoa,


Ko Ruapehu te maunga,
Ko Manawatu te awa,
Nō Aorangi ahau.

My name is Brad Barry and I am the student teacher in Room 21 this term. I am married to my beautiful wife, Julie and I have two awesome boys, Ben (Y6) and Noah (Y5). I have been a teacher before in my previous life, mainly Y5 and Y6 but also as a reliever in primary and high schools in the Hawkes Bay, Waikato, London, and Christchurch. I grew up on a farm in the North Island and played rugby and swam competitively. I have many strings to my bow but my latest focus has been my family.
I am really looking forward to working with your tamariki for the next seven weeks.
Nō reira, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā tatou katoa.

Brad Barry.

Metaphor Poem
Mr Barry is a 6 cylinder, ’76 HQ Holden, old but powerful and tough.
Mr Barry is a smiling simian, almost very human, funny to look at.
Mr Barry is a free kick in rugby, quick off the mark with wit.
Mr Barry is an abstract thought, I am here, I am now, I am thinking.

Mr Barry is a wounded soldier, scared and damaged from years of sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment